“A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life” – James Allen. I think we all reach a point in our lives where we have to put things into perspective which will change our perception on the many components of our life. Family, friends, significant others, jobs, futures, etc. are all put under the microscope. Life changes, life is made up of stages, stepping stones, obstacles and hardships. There comes a time when we realize that we are the musical conductors of our individual songs and we are writing our own storybook – we are the directors.
“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better”– Ralph Waldo Emerson. You can both learn and grow from your mistakes; or you can continue to trip and fall over those same mistakes. The objective is to mature and gain knowledge through the things we endure. Everyone has a purpose in life; some may take longer to figure it out than others and some may get lost along the way, but the goal is to never lose that focus. Determination and perseverance is key.
The past is what makes us who we are; we can either be content with all things undergone or we can change and mold ourselves toward a better future. There are many paths, trials and tribulations and we may not always know where we are destined to be; but you will eventually end up where you need to be.
“Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”
—- Some phrases of Mother Teresa
Things to think about;
- “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” ― Anaïs Nin. Perception and the way we perceive things affect our judgment.
- Actions speak in greater volumes than words. “We are what we do” – think before you speak, lead your own example, take action and don’t just speak upon things!
- What is solid in your life? What or whom is your backbone? Stay true to this. Many people will leave imprints in your life but only a chosen few will last forever while others will be eroded away.
- Stay true to yourself – your culture, religion, values and morals. Never remove yourself from the pedestal that you have placed yourself upon; allow others to join you up top for you are above them.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated. Karma isn’t quite nice when she comes back in our direction. Some people are too quick to act on impulse, the world is quite small – you don’t want to burn your bridges. Be mature about certain situations.
- Don’t allow yourself to be stepped on, belittled, or disrespected. Have no fear of moving on from things that are not worth your time. Things that don’t break you can only make you a greater individual – you will be all the more wiser and experienced.
- When one thing is put to an end another door will open and a new opportunity will arise.